#15 - Slacking Off

Although I started off with a bang (averaging an extra 450 words per day above my goal) I slacked yesterday with 0 words written and the day before, with only 589.

I give myself leeway, though, because my daughter was in a play and I was one of the stage moms on Wednesday and we watched the show last night.

But the part I have to hold myself accountable for is the fact that I spent a ton of time the last few days trying to make these maps of the mythical place where my story is held. I spent so much time, trying to make them look professional enough that they could be used in the book, when really the publishing company that will surely publish my book will probably hire an artist to make the maps if they in fact even want maps in the book.

So, I have some making-up to do, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to pull it off. The story itself is really flowing when I do sit down to write and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Although, maybe part of why I'm stalling with the maps and all that is that I'm not sure what should happen next. :) I'll just have to MAKE something happen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Sorry I've been such a stranger! I'm going to call you this next week so we can chat and get caught up. Sounds like you're doing great with your book goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, thanks for checking out my blog. I'd love it if you called.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Come back soon! :o)