New Blog Look; New Attitude

As you can see from my post title, I'm dumping the #s. It was fun. It was real. But it wasn't real fun. :o)

I've decided to get serious about my writing. Professional, even. As one by one my AI friends are moving over to the published side - un-incognito-ing themselves, so to speak, I've been feeling very dissatisfied with myself. I could be among them. I have the vision. I have the talent. And those of you who know me well know that I'm not a conceited person. I'm not trying to talk myself up here. I'm just recognizing the gifts that I've been given. I know I could be published if I was more dedicated.

Right now, I'm only about halfway done with my July writing goal.

Looking at the glass half-full, though, I have written over 20,000 words in the last two months. Give me some props for that, at least. :o) I'm very proud of myself for stepping up to the plate and hitting a few base hits. But if I want to be as successful as I know I can be, I'm going to have to set my sights higher and go for some home runs.

I only have 2 days left, but that's no reason to say there's no use in trying. Sure, I probably won't hit 27,000. Though, I could. More words have been written in less time by people I know and love. But even if I don't, I want to do my best. And so far, I haven't been doing that.

Over the course of the last week, I've written a few pages on a different project other than Stolen Dreams. I'm calling it Free Agents, and it's a YA dystopian. I feel so fancy even knowing what that is! I'm having a LOT of fun writing it. But I'm also not going to let myself get sidetracked. First things first, and the first thing I'm dedicated to doing is writing Stolen Dreams. While it sits in a folder for a little while and my brain rests from that project, I'll work on Free Agents some more.

What I need to do NOW, though, is get off the internet and start writing. 13,813 words is a lot to shoot for in 2 days. :-P

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenn. I like the blog site. Don't be too hard on yourself. You have set a goal and are moving in the right direction. Good job! I'm just sitting here wishing I was moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Jenn, go! Two days, 13,000+ words, no problem! lol I'm nowhere near finishing my writing goal for the month, though I've made more progress than I probably would have without the goal. July is always a crazy month for me and I've had lots of unexpected distractions (one would think I would anticipate unexpected distractions by now, but apparently I haven't learned that much yet).

    Good luck on the past two days of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Jenn! Go for it! (and this truly was an inspiring post!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Come back soon! :o)