I Wrote THE END!

I said this on Facebook last week, but thought I should take the time to write a little announcement here on the blog.

After a full decade of writing books, I have now officially finished a first draft of one of said manuscripts!

The beginning of the end for me actually came in a roundabout way. I sat down to outline what was going to happen for the rest of the book because I was kind of stuck. So I started writing in a stream-of-consciousness fashion, fleshing out dialogue and scenes as they came to me, and going back to more of an outline when they didn't. And suddenly, I knew how it was going to end. So I wrote the final scene. And then I wrote "The End" - what a great feeling!

That last bit needs more re-writing than most of what I write, but that's totally okay with me! I'm a lot better at re-writing than I am at writing anyway. :o)

So with that experience under my belt now, I'm going to go ahead and write the first draft of Free Agents that way. I want to have at least the first draft written by the time I meet with Nephele Tempest at the Storymakers Conference in April. I signed up for a pitch session with her, and that's the book I want to pitch, so it would be good if I have a better idea of how it's going to turn out. So even if the first draft is only a Quasi-Draft, it's better than nothing. I only have 6 weeks, so I better get cracking.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats! That WIP meter thing you got going on over in your sidebar is pretty impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jenn! I'm so bloody proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a huge accomplish! I'm super proud of you and you should be too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME Jenn!!! Woo hoo!!!

    I'm doing the same thing with my MS. I finished one book, but the plot didn't work that well for me, so I started another. What was I thinking?! but I'm almost half way through.

    Six weeks? We can do it! Good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you've finish a book, narrate it and post it on Podiobooks.com. The narration process is a very efficient edit tool, and you can instantly get several hundred readers, and it's free, aside from your time. Check it out and congrats......craig (found your blog randomly, but apparently not by accident)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Come back soon! :o)