Second Day of Thanksgiving

If you missed my post yesterday, click here to read about the Twelve Days of Thanksgiving posts I'm going to be doing from now until Thanksgiving Day.

Today, I wanted to talk about how thankful I am for my health. It's not like I haven't had my fair share of cuts and scrapes and colds and flus and toothaches and broken toes and even pneumonia and an injury that ended up costing me a surgery on my tailbone regions.

But by and large, I have enjoyed excellent health. It's sad to say, but I'm often guilty of taking things for granted, and I don't always think about being grateful for my health until it's taken away in some small measure, like the toothache I've been living with the past couple weeks.

I don't think we have to have a big wake-up call to be reminded to be thankful, though - we just have to consciously do it. So today, I'm planning to try and concentrate on all the things I'm able to do because I've been blessed with a healthy body.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I did 40 days of gratitude a few years ago for Easter, and Giving Thanks Tuesdays this year for Thanksgiving...AWESOME Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet, Jenn! I can't join you this week, but I will for next! And what a great thing to be thankful for ~ your health. I don't generally enjoy good health, so I think you're really smart to be grateful for that. It really is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Come back soon! :o)