Third Day of Thanksgiving

Today, I'm just really feeling grateful that I haven't had to work outside of the home since my oldest daughter was born almost 12 years ago.

I wouldn't say I've enjoyed a life of ease and bon-bons throughout these years of motherhood, but I would say that being home to raise my kids and not having to stress about money (for the most part, of course) has been a huge blessing.

Some of the things that remind me to be grateful for this are stupid and little, like after a bad night's sleep, being able to come home from driving the kids to school, put my preschooler in bed next to me, and both of us falling back asleep for a couple of hours.

Some of the things are more significant, like watching my kids take their first steps and being there for them when they get home from a bad day at school. Or when they get sick or hurt in the middle of the day, being able to go get them without a lot of fanfare and rearranging of schedules and asking of bosses.

I don't know if I'll always be able to stay at home with my kids or if I might have to work out of the home someday, so I try to remember to be grateful for this time while I have it.

If you missed it, click here to read about the Twelve Days of Thanksgiving posts I'm going to be doing from now until Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Come back soon! :o)